Featured Post

Contacting me

With Twitter not going great. I thought I just create and pin this on my blogspot so I can be reached if for some reason people actually wan...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Handing over

I've been meaning to write this. As of last month I would consider myself have handed over the role of helping the community for round1 Blazblue Singapore.

Honestly I didn't think highly of what I did for the community. I grew up with low self-esteem and it didn't really go away. I probably got over that by not reminding myself how poorly I handle certain things aka not crying over spilled milk.

The last few months tiredness from work has really creep in and its slowly taking a toll plus not only affecting my health also affecting my general mood. Now I am even more cranky with the fact that I can't go on vacation anytime soon.

With that I realise I have done next to nothing for the community. I stepped down from active role from the community I can't remember like at least 4 months ago. I do want to at least do a Blazblue CS tournament for the folks.

Then for me the best thing happened, Farp informed me that Pablo is asking if he can take over doing the tournament. Well honestly this was the best for the community since first I wasn't very productive myself and I have personally have not been playing the game alot (not to mention my piss poor standard at playing the game now) and secondly the fact I strongly believe that I did a pissed poor job at it.

For me at this point I realise I should be teaching more folks how to run tournaments. I taught the folks who are running the Tatsunoko vs Capcom what they did need for video recording and live streaming. Akane taught about bracketing / seeding and the software available for Tournaments.

I don't think I should say I am relieve more I should be saying that the community is relieve that someone that has more energy and potential is taking over the active role of promoting Blazblue which I believe can be the third if not the second largest active fighting game community aside from Street Fighter 4.

I have no regrets handing over because I realize I am no longer able to contribute the amount of energy, time and effort into assisting the community. Again I wish all the best to the new folks taking up the job. I still be around if you need to ask questions (thought I believe you guys won't really need that).

P.S. Growing old sucks. I'm balding really quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment