Featured Post

Contacting me

With Twitter not going great. I thought I just create and pin this on my blogspot so I can be reached if for some reason people actually wan...

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Tokyo Dark?



I am sorta working on writing my thoughts for Tokyo Dark. It is a Point and Click meet visual novel game according to what the developer says.

The reason the game prompt me to want to write about it is how the game is somewhat not held together properly. I do not mean in the sense the game is broken and does not work. More in the vein of parts of the game do not seem to go together properly.

Like I play JRPGs and they are often not great in like story. For Tokyo Dark, which is (sigh) and Point and click meet visual novel game, I expected more. It seems as I get older it becomes more apparent when story bits do not join well.

Anyways I also want to make clear certain things before I publish the piece once I am done.

One, I am not exactly the most avid Visual novel, Point and click adventure games kind of person. There are a few titles I played which I least understand how they should work. So holding me to be the veteran standard of review the game is not going to work.

Second, this is not a review per say. Well least from what I think it is. I did not get all the endings myself I just went online and watch some of them. Dear god some of them are really.....

Lastly I am not sure if I want to include video footage of the game I mean you can get footage online already. So likely it is a written piece. I am not a yotuber etc so I probably will skip on video footage. Oh and do not watch the trailer if you are even remotely interested in the game. My thoughts will spoil the game as well but I will put a non-spoiler portion part at the top if you are really interested.

If you want a TLDR of the thing without reading immediately about buying it, I will only recommend it if you have no more point and click / visual novel games to play which I think is kind of impossible now considering there are tons out there on steam now. Good ones even.

If not, do not go into this game.


No comments:

Post a Comment