Featured Post

Contacting me

With Twitter not going great. I thought I just create and pin this on my blogspot so I can be reached if for some reason people actually wan...

Monday, January 27, 2014

Gaming is giving me anxiety

I keep a list of video game news related websites to visit through feedly (I was using google reader until it google decided it should die). Because websites run on hits so headlines tend to be as sensational as possible which often makes going through the news harder as you need to take more time to decide if this is just not as truthful as it makes out to be.

I have to say though the practice of reading gaming news is giving me anxiety. An example would be the news about Index holdings going bankrupt and the brand Atlus might suffer. As a fan, this drove me nuts waiting for some company to buy out the Atlus brand. Then there are kickstarters of games in genres I really like which might not make their kickstarter goal.

Then there are games coming out for Japan and in my head would be praying hard for no online locked DLC. Hell best if there were no DLCs for it so I will not have to worry or bang my head against the wall if some good content were cut so the publishers can make more money.

This practice of reading gaming news and constantly worrying if a certain game comes out, your favorite game company going bust etc. is giving me more emotion fatigue than I would imagine. I guess this explains why some folks have just upped and went "Nope old games are the best".

The practice of a developer and publishers constantly trying to make their fans worry and anxious over the state of their games and saying stuff like "well if so and so game do well we will make / localize the sequel" is seriously driving me nuts.

Do I really need a guilt trip for wanting a game I like to be release? It is even worse like Nintendo exclusive games as there is no Nintendo in Singapore. When I hear games like Shantae or Phoenix Wright going digital only, I bite my tougue and try to find a way to get them and again worry over the fact the games are tied to my hardware. So once my 3DS dies so does my games.

Again do I really need this sort of anxiety from just wanting to play games I like? There are lot more things like dealing hackers / griefers in online games, screaming kids on xbox live and people forcing you to take a stand on games because its sexist or too violent.

The list goes on but boy just thinking about this gave me an anxiety attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment