Featured Post

Contacting me

With Twitter not going great. I thought I just create and pin this on my blogspot so I can be reached if for some reason people actually wan...

Monday, October 3, 2016

The reasons I buy VIP tickets for the local event Game Start





After coming back from Tokyo Game Show 2016, I got online and got VIP tickets for local event Game Start. URL here for people wondering.

It was my second trip to Tokyo Game Show and I bought 2 days of TGS supporter tickets (About 7000yen for each day). I am sure some folks will wonder why do I even bother with a small local event. It has way less games featured. You don't get some of the more exclusive stuff like getting to play Final Fantasy XV.

Here's the thing, I love going to Japan. I love how big and awesome some of the things in Tokyo Game Show are. It still doesn't change the fact you will never be able to play more than 8 games per day without standing in line for hours. Did I mention you get only a maximum of 15 minutes per play?

The thing about going to Tokyo Game Show is that as much as it is awesome, the logistics and me flying to Japan can get expensive fast. Secondly you need to do a lot of advance planning like even getting online early to make sure you get the supporter tickets. Travel insurance, planning your leave at work, your flights, hotels. Oh and knowing how to navigate to the location. (This is not a problem for me because I been to Japan a number of times and know some really basic level of Japanese).

Also the queuing. Good lord the queuing. Want to buy a merchandise? Please queue. Want to play a game demo? Please queue. Want to enter the location early? Please queue as well.

Average queue time for games is about an hour. That is average. I had experienced queuing nearly 2 hours to buy merchandise.

Considering I went for both days of Tokyo Game Show. My knees and ankles were hurting so much I was walking slightly bow-legged and limping when I left the event hall. 7 hours of standing per day. (Show runs from 10.00AM to 5.00PM)

Because Tokyo Game Show happens way outside of Tokyo city (it is closer to Chiba then Tokyo) you going to need time to get in and out of the place (with tons of people). Also you hardly have time to eat, so I pretty much packed sandwiches and Onigiris for lunch etc.

This trip I only got to play about 6 games in total. Its quite disappointing not to get to play more games for me really.

Oh and I almost forgot, stage shows. Which I can't see well from the crowd and often miss because a lot of them have timings where they clash with 1 and another.

Tokyo Game show aside, Game Start for once I don't need to plan so much to visit it. Its S$70 bucks for all 3 days. I got VIP which I can get in early (though I can't this time cause of work reasons). I get to actually play games and almost all of them. The stage shows are usually held at one center stage.

Lastly at the end of the event, I can just take a cab home whisk myself home quickly in my own bed. I be ready for the next day if I am up for it.

Looking forward to Game Start this weekend.


http://imgur.com/a/bAoro
Gallery of photos I took for the trip. It has assorted ones so it won't be that interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment